Alzheimer’s Care In San Antonio
Alzheimer’s Care Services
Cardinal Senior Care Can Help With Our World-Class Alzheimer’s Care Program
At Cardinal Senior Care in San Antonio We Offer Peace of Mind With Our Alzheimer’s Care Services
Cardinal Senior Care, located in San Antonio, Texas offers professional and compassionate in-home care for those living with Alzheimer’s disease. Caring for those afflicted with Alzheimer’s can be a difficult experience for family members. Alzheimer’s symptoms continue to grow worse over time and progression of the disease and behavioral changes are unpredictable.
Approximately sixty to eighty percent of Dementia cases in the United States are a result of Alzheimer’s disease. Caring for those afflicted with this disease can be a lonely and challenging responsibility. Family members and caregivers within the family can often experience physical as well as emotional stress. Symptoms of Alzheimer’s in a family member can include forgetfulness of information, irritability and memory impairments. There may be problems with speech and comprehension as well. Other problems include inability to perform basic daily activities such as self-care and some suffer from depression. It is best to seek an appointment with a physician to determine if your family member is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
Statistics show that seventy percent of people with Alzheimer’s disease are cared for at home. Cardinal Senior Care provides the essentials in personal care offering the family assistance, relief and needed downtime making them better able to cope with and support their loved one living with Alzheimer’s.
Our specially trained caregivers can provide assistance with:
- Daily activities such as housekeeping, personal care, errands and transportation
- Nutritional intake
- Dressing & Grooming
- Assistance with walking to prevent falls
- Social activity to reduce or preven depression
- Live-in assistance
For more information on Alzheimer’s Care Services in San Antonio contact us today.
San Antonio Alzheimer’s Care Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Benefits of Alzheimer's Care Services?
The benefits of Alzheimer's care services include:
- Safety: Alzheimer's care providers ensure a safe environment, reducing accidents and wandering risks.
- Specialized Care: Trained San Antonio caregivers offer memory-enhancing activities and cognitive stimulation to slow cognitive decline.
- Assistance with Daily Tasks: Help with personal care, meal preparation, medication management, and other daily activities.
- Emotional Support: Companionship and emotional support to reduce feelings of isolation and depression.
- Respite for Family: Alzheimer's care services in San Antonio provide caregivers with much-needed breaks and support.
- Challenging Behavior Management: Expertise in managing challenging behaviors often associated with dementia.
What is the difference between Dementia Care and Alzheimer’s Care in San Antonio?
Dementia is an umbrella term that encompasses various cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer's disease. The key difference is that Alzheimer's is a specific type of dementia, while dementia care contains care for all cognitive disorders. Dementia and Alzheimer's care may share similarities in supporting memory loss, cognitive decline, and daily activities. However, Alzheimer's care typically involves more specialized training due to the specific characteristics and progression of Alzheimer's disease.
What are signs that my loved one needs Alzheimer’s Care?
Recognizing when a loved one needs Alzheimer's care is crucial. Signs may include:
- Memory Loss: Frequent forgetfulness, especially of recent events or names.
- Disorientation: Getting lost in familiar places or becoming disoriented about time and location.
- Changes in Mood and Behavior: Unexplained mood swings, agitation, aggression, or withdrawal.
- Difficulty with Daily Tasks: Struggling to dress, bathe, or cook.
- Safety Concerns: Accidents or injuries due to forgetfulness or confusion.
- Personality Changes: Noticeable shifts in personality or social interactions.
- Communication Challenges: Difficulty finding words, repeating questions, or following conversations.
Don't wait until it's too late. Call now to schedule a FREE, no-obligation, in-home consultation
After conducting our assessment, we'll craft a custom whole-person home care plan based on your needs, schedule, hobbies, personality and well being.
20% Off Your First Weeks Billing
Save 20% off your first weeks bill when you start this month!
Contact Us TODAY
4402 Vance Jackson, Ste. 202, San Antonio, TX 78230
Schedule A Callback
Visit Our Office
Counties: Bexar County, Bandera County, Guadalupe County. Comel County, Wilson County
Cities: San Antonio, Alamo Heights, Universal City, Cibolo, Boerne, Bandera, Seguin, Castle Hills, Fair Oaks Ranch, New Braunfels, Greater San Antonio and the surrounding Communities